While on our Retreat at Pranamar Villas & Yoga Retreat we will have the opportunity to eat at the restaurant right on the property for two meals a day. Check out more about Kavita Restaurant by clicking here
During the other meals or time of your stay you would like to explore, we’ve organized a list of recommendations for you to venture to nearby.
Nearby Grocery Stores
- $$$ Green World Store – Santa Teresa (+506) 2640-0434. 8:00am-8:00pm. Closed Sunday.
- A large selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, including locally grown and organic produce. Also available is a good variety of natural pantry staples such as coffees, honey, nuts, and jams.
- $$ Super Costa. Open 7:00am-9:00pm.
- $$ Super Ronny
- $ Bali Beach Deli. [Map 6] Recommended for their coffee. They also carry sandwiches. At the Casa Zen beach access road.
- $ Product C. : [Map 49] The BEST fish tacos for $5.00. We ate here everyday while staying in Mal Pais. You can also purchase fresh fish to cook up here, we did, and it was great! Choose from a variety of fresh seafood selections including ceviche, oysters, and the catch of the day. They also offer great selection of microbrew beers to accompany your meal.
- $$ Chop-it & Holy Cow Burgers– Salads, Wraps, and Burgers [Map 49 ]
Playa Carmen Mall (+506) 2640-0000. Open 11:00am-4:00pm. Closed Monday
Fresh organic salads and wraps made to order with a large variety of healthy ingredients.
Or pick up one of the delicious gourmet hamburgers made from hormone and antibiotic free
brangus beef and a side of hand cut fries. In the same plaza as Product C
- $$ Kojis – Sushi [Map 29 ] Playa Hermosa (+506) 2640-0815. Open for dinner 5:30-9:30. Closed Monday. Highly recommended for the top-notch service, atmosphere, and excellent cuisine. Delicious selection of fresh sushi rolls, sashimi, and Japanese delicacies.
- $$$ Las Piedras – Argentinean Barbecue [Map 42 ] Playa Carmen (+506) 2640-0453. Open for dinner 5:30pm-10:00pm. A rustic restaurant grilling up Argentinean-style seasoned chicken, ribs and more in a simple setting. We ate here twice last year, amazing selection of meat, and sometimes live music! *** Highly recommend
- $$ Banana Beach – [Map 19] is in Santa Teresa on the beach, great spot for sunset drinks or a casual app. Great food.
- $$ Ranchos Ituana – Map 5 (also a resort). Very nice atmosphere, dine right on the beach. Brazilian Food.
- $$$ Nami (not on the map, past the soccer field). Delicious sushi. Would need to take an ATV or taxi. 200 mts Norte del super hacienda Puntarenas, 60111, Costa Rica
- Drift Bar – Cocktails to Go (http://driftbarcr.com/). Not listen on the map but inbetween 24 (Zula Inn) and 26 (Katana).
- This place is great because they make you specialty drinks to take to the beach with you (perfect for watching the sunset) Open 12-7 pm. You can also pre-order drinks to pick up later in the day. Phone/ WhatsApp: +506 8353 7936
- ATV rental – Pranamar Front Desk can reserve this for you
Banks – [Map 7, 9 ]
ATM operating hours are 6:00am-10:00pm (often times there can be a line, there are only two in town, so plan accordingly)
- Banco Nacional, Cobano (+506) 2642-0115. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Banco Nacional, Playa Carmen (+506) 2640-0409. Open Mon-Sat 1:00pm-7:00pm.
- Banco de Costa Rica, Playa Carmen (+506) 2640-0409.
Pharmacies – [Map 8 ]
- Pharmacia Amiga, Playa Carmen Mall (+506) 2640-0539 http://puravidaculture.com 9
- Pharmacia Amiga, Cobano (+506) 2642-0685
- Post Office Cobano (+506) 2642-0323.
- Police Call 911, (+506) 2642-0770, (+506) 8390-0111.
- Medical Emergency Call (+506) 2380-4125
- Hospital Call (+506) 8380-4125 or (+506) 2665-2626 or (+506) 2286-1818.
- Sansa Airlines (+506) 2211-9414, www.flysansa.com.